To determine if you have mental health coverage, the first thing you should do is check with your insurance carrier.
Check your coverage carefully by finding the answers to the following questions:
- Does my plan cover services for out-of-network mental health providers?
- What is the deductible I have to meet before reimbursement can occur?
- What percentage of treatment do I pay when seeing an out-of-network mental health provider?
- Is there a maximum amount of sessions that are able to be reimbursed per year?
- Is it the calendar year that is used to de-mark coverage periods or another time specifier?
- Which form do I use to submit a claim and where can that form be found? Is it the CMS-1500 form?
- What address do I send claim submissions to?
- Is pre-approval required from my primary care physician before receiving services?